Cholesterol Free Vegan
Deep Fried Battered Tofu
EASY Deep Fried Tofu Nuggets
and awesome onion
Deep fried battered tofu
- Use Extra firm tofu. The
firmer the better.
- Prepress tofu, if possible.
- Cut into 1 inch cubes
- Mix 1 cup plain soymilk and 2
Tablespoons canola oil in a bowl.
- Place tofu in milk / oil
- Heat peanut oil to 375 degrees
- Mix 1 Cup Bisquick with about 1/2
cup plain soymilk, or other liquid to
form smooth batter, like for
- Dip tofu into batter, then place
carefully in hot oil. (This will
splatter so be careful!)
- Repeat with all tofu, and onion
rings or other vegis, removing as they
turn golden brown.
DO NOT CROWD.
- Drain on paper towels
- Sprinkle with a little salt and
serve with favorite dipping sauces or
- Extra Firm Tofu (Not Silken)
- OIl for frying (Peanut OIl is best
Enough to cover tofu in pan.
- Plain, unsweetened soymilk. (Only
soybeans and water on label!)
- Canola oil
- Bisquick, storebought or
- (Onion rings, broccoli flowerettes,
and other vegis work great too!)
- Dipping Sauces
Sweet n sour
Hot mustard (Mix mustard powder with a
- Leftover tofu nuggets from another
recipe, that are prebaked, works really
well for added flavor.
- You can fry one side at a time, if
you are short on oil.
- You can substitute Beer, or club
soda, or even water, for the soymilk in
the batter, if you want.