Favorite TOFU Recipes
Deepfried Tofu, Beer Battered Tofu
- Extra Firm Tofu (Not Silken)
- Oil for frying (Peanut Oil is best for frying), Enough to cover tofu in pan.
- Bisquick, storebought or homemade.(See below)
- Club Soda, or beer for beer batter tofu
- (Onion rings, broccoli flowerettes, and other vegis work great too!)
Favorite Dipping Sauces:
BBQ sauce, Ranch dressing, Sweet n sour, Hot mustard...
- Prepress tofu and towel dry.
- Heat peanut oil to 375 degrees
- Cut into 1 inch cubes
- Put 1/2 C Flour in 1 bowl
- Mix 1 Cup Bisquick with about 1/2 cup club soda to form smooth batter, as like pancakes.
- Coat tofu in flour.
- Then dunk into batter
- Let drip a little before putting into oil.
- Carefully place tofu in hot oil. (This will splatter so be careful!)
- Repeat with tofu, and onion rings or other vegis, removing as they turn golden brown. DO NOT CROWD.
- Drain on paper towels
- Sprinkle with a little salt and serve with favorite dipping sauces or as is!
Tips / Options / Notes
Check the Fried Chickun tofu recipe for an alternative.
Use a marinated tofu for more flavor
Alternative to Bisquick:
1 C flour, 1 1/2 t baking powder, pinch salt, 1 T oil.